Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Time just flies....

Good morning all :)

I believe the last time I jotted something down on my blog was about 2 weeks ago.
Where did these 2 weeks go? Lets see....
I took one week off because of my birthday & all the craziness going on around me. Next thing I know another week slipped by without me even noticing. Good thing I kept busy being creative on my days off.

For my birthday my great friend Lori took me to a charity event. Play Date was fund raising & had a great event with vendors, silent auction & raffles. For those of you who do not know what Play Date is, it is a non-profit organization who's Mission is to pro­vide chil­dren with autism and other dis­abil­i­ties the oppor­tu­nity & tools to learn social skills that can help them make friends, nav­i­gate day-​​to-​​day inter­ac­tions, and build bet­ter rela­tion­ships. They do this both through group instruc­tion & inter­ac­tion and through one-​​on-​​one ser­vices pro­vided at home or in their center.
Their ulti­mate goal is to be able to offer ser­vices to fam­i­lies regard­less of their abil­ity to pay. To that end, they are apply­ing for grants and devel­op­ing fund­ing mech­a­nisms to allow them to offer schol­ar­ships for those fam­i­lies who can­not afford to pay or who have exhausted all other fund­ing mechanisms.

Play Date is in desperate need of donations & volunteers. If you would like to help please go to MyPlayDate  for more information. If a money donation is not possible they do have a wish list of items that you might have at home. Honestly, every little bit will help...and their gratitude is immense!

Anyway, the event was a blast :) Best b-day pressie I have had in years! Why you ask? Well, not only did my friend pay $10 for me to attend (which is for a good cause), but I also got a handmade tote bag, free food, won in the raffle & I got a 15 minute massage!!! woohoo

When Lori & I left we were each given a carnation & since it was my b-day, Lori gave me hers. Once at home I put them in the smallest vase I could find & decided to play with the camera & photoshop them.

These are a few of the results:






So, overall I can say, my birthday was a pretty successful one. Now all that is left to do is wonder how my friends & family are going to top it next year when I turn 4-0!!!!

For those of you who might like a print of one or more of these pictures you can go to my ImageKind.com profile. And while you are there...feel free to browse. There are 3 Galleries with a few pictures in each of them. I am slowly but surely loading some of the pictures up that I think are worthy of sharing with the world & hopefully by August I will have about 20 photos in each gallery. At least that is the goal LOL.

But for now....I am off to tend to my chores and then go & take a nap before I have to start my 6pm-7am shift tonight.

I wish you all a good day filled with lots of special moments :)

Tatjana

1 comment:

  1. I love the first photo - the stark red against the (almost) black and white background. Very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete