Tuesday, March 16, 2010

6 months later...a new beginning

Here I am again...but this time I am going to make this blog happen!

Since the last time I blogged (the one & only time I blogged I should say) a lot of things have happened and a lot of things have been done.
For one: I have learned how to silver smith! Yep...I finally did it. And I have to say....I really like the casting. I casted my very first pendant & now I have ideas for an entire collection! Goal is to have the entire collection done by September 2010 & up on Etsy by October 2010.

Second: I finally took the time & started to paint & do collages again. I am having so much fun with the mixed media & the crazy colors I have been choosing. Here are a few examples:




These 2 collages appear to be really big, but in truth, they are like 5x7 & 8x10.



And this one is even smaller...approx. 3x4?...sounds about right.

Anyway, I have just been having a blast doing these little pops of color & I did these in about 2 hours all together, including hanging them on the wall! Once I am done with this collection, which I named "Bunte Welt" (German for "Colorful World") I will take a picture with all of them hanging together and post it here. I have already been asked if I am going to sell the collection, but I have not decided yet. If I do...I will definitely post it here :D

Now to something even more interesting:

My dear friend Deb started a Meetup group called Etsy Entrepreneurs. We had our very first meeting yesterday...I am so psyched!
Met a lot of nice people with various degrees of experience with various amounts of crafts, Etsy, Advertisement & Blogging!

I cant wait until next months meeting. We will be talking about Blogging & a guest speaker has agreed to give us all the dish on how to blog properly. (yay...I need all the help I can get!)

One of the big topics of discussion yesterday that sparked my interest was business cards.
I have been meaning to make some/get some made, but never got around to doing so. And at our meeting, the most cutest business cards were given out. They are called mini cards. One can buy them at Moo.com. What I like most about this site is you can upload your own pictures & use them for your cards.The site is very user friendly, has tons of templates that one can use. I uploaded 5 pictures, used their templates for the back of the cards and in about 1 1/2 weeks I should have my cards! Yay Me ... LOL

To close this entry on a happy note I have added the picture from our lovely meeting last night and am looking forward to adding more as time passes & the more meetings we have.


It was so nice meeting you all :)

Tatjana

No comments:

Post a Comment